Harbor’s safety/industrial hygiene team (CIH/CSP/PE and other experienced health and safety staff) provides specialized services that identify and/or minimize the potential for workplace injuries and hazardous exposures to physical, chemical, biological, and ergonomic stressors. Harbor’s IH/Safety staff identifies client needs, develops successful strategies, and assists with implementation of cost-effective solutions for workplace hazards. These solutions include audits/qualitative exposure assessments, written program development, quantitative exposure evaluations (sampling/monitoring), exposure control review/recommendations, personal protective equipment assessment/recommendations, and compliance support as needed.
When feasible, Harbor utilizes innovative Information System platforms to assist clients maintain and manage their health and safety programs and related data.
Industrial Hygiene Services include:
- OSHA Compliance Audits
- Risk Assessments
- Combustible Dust Hazard Analysis
- Safety Management System Development (ISO 45000 Assistance – transition from OSHSAS to ISO)
- Qualitative and Quantitative Workplace Exposure Assessment and Control
- Emergency Response Planning
- Business Contingency Planning
- Safety/IH Program Development
- OSHA Outreach Training (General Industry & Construction)
- Compliance Training (Confined Space, LOTO, Respiratory Protection, Bloodborne Pathogens, etc.)
- Independent Incident Investigations
- Video Exposure Monitoring (VEM)